Scope14+ is based on the philosophy that we are all part of one system that also entails nature, water, earth and air; that there is a strong interconnectedness between all of that. Not only in the present, within our generation, but also between generations and that we cannot boundlessly take from all that is. At some stage the system will fall into decline. So, whether it is felt as a moral obligation to generations to come, or as a self-serving choice to protect our livelihoods, preserving wildness as Thoreau said is the right thing to do.
Scope14+ is specialized in the forestry and land-use sector, in particular in developing countries and in particular related to (mitigating) climate change.
Ambitions we can help realise include the following:
- Design, develop and implement responsible projects and making them certifiable against various standards such as VCS, FSC, CDM, and CCBS
- Assist governments and development agencies to develop programs to Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation (REDD), determine Reference Emission Levels and Reference Levels (REL/RL), and build national systems for Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV)
- Achieve impact neutrality in doing business by avoiding, reducing, repairing and compensating detrimental environmental impacts
- Formulate policy and provide strategic advice in the area of forestry and climate change
- Raise awareness and build capacity regarding responsible land-use and forestry by conducting trainings, workshops, preparing guidelines, and working with all possible stakeholder groups